My names Rachael, I am a first time mum to Freddie who is 1 year old!
My blog is www.readysteadyfreddie.com
I also absolutely love to share our life on Instagram, I love chatting and meeting new mums so feel free to drop me a message! My instagram is www.instagram.com/rachaelbaty
1. How old were you when you had your first child? I was 25 years old when I had Freddie.
2. What was the hardest thing about being pregnant for 9 months? I absolutely loved my pregnancy! The hardest thing was probably the tiredness though. I found it hard working and being so tired, but I managed and got through it all absolutely fine!
3. Can you think of any good things you enjoyed during those 9 months? I loved most of it to be honest. My favourite thing was sitting and watching/ feeling him move and kick around in my belly though. It was just so surreal but absolutely amazing at the same time!
4. In your opinion, were all the things you heard about childbirth accurate or way off?For me personally, way off! I had a really traumatic birthday and I was just not expecting it. People obviously said to me yeah it hurts but you will forget about it almost straight away.. unfortunately I didn’t! I was pretty traumatised by my birth and I remembered it all for a very long time.
5. Would you have handled childbirth differently if you could re-do it? No, I feel I did everything I could! I just wanted Freddie here safely! I feel I did everything I could to do that. I did keep saying no to an epidural (honestly I don’t know why) but I still feel I wouldn’t change that! I obviously felt I didn’t need it. I had an emergency c section in the end so obviously ended up with one in the end.
6. What would be your advice for someone who is about to have a baby? Enjoy every second! Enjoy every cuddle, even though you know you have other stuff to be doing.. because within the blink of an eye a year has passed and they barely want cuddles anymore!! All the other stuff can wait, they are only little once.
7. What has been the hardest thing about being a mum? The lack of sleep, I mean wow!! I’ve always been a big sleeper.. then Freddie coming along has been really hard to adapt to the fact that its very rare I get a full nights sleep anymore! Some days I feel like a walking talking zombie!!!
8. What has been the most rewarding thing about being a mum? Knowing that I am the reason Freddie is a happy, smiley, chatty, intelligent, healthy and beautiful baby! What more could a mum ever want!! He honestly amazes me every single day.. and the fact that I am part of the reason he is like that is just AMAZING!
9. What was the most surprising thing you discovered about being a mum? How hard it really is, I mean I knew it was going to be hard.. but in a way I’m totally surprised how hard it can be some days. It’s also surprising how time fast does suddenly go!!
10. What is the best memory you have involving your child? Truthfully, I don’t think I can actually just tell you one! He’s only 1 year old and I already have so many amazing memories with him! I can’t wait to continue to make more!
11. What was the most exciting milestone? I think the day he took his first steps! It’s so exciting when they hit any milestone, but honestly I was just amazed when he first started walking.. I still can’t believe it now!
12. What is the worst thing your child has ever done? Shit in the bath!! Luckily not for me but for my partner.. I mean absolutely HILARIOUS but really not so great! Or biting me, I know he didn’t mean it in a horrible way he didn’t understand.. but daaaaamn he doesn’t half know how to bite right down on your skin.
13. What habit did you wish your child didn’t have? I don’t feel I can answer this, every habit he has at the moment (as hard/ annoying some may be) they have all made him the amazing baby he is today! And as cliche as it sounds, I wouldn’t change a single thing about him!
14. What habit of theirs makes you most proud? The way he knows how to make people smile (and get his own way!) I just think it is so clever of him.. he loves to laugh and smile along with people!
15. Do you share any similarities with your child (both Physical and Personality)? He definitely has my brown eyes, which I love! Personality wise.. I would like to say his humour! He’s funny and cheeky, and I think at times I’m just hilarious (whether others would agree though I don’t know)
16. Where would you like your child to be in 10 years? Just continuing to thrive grow and learn!
17. What is something that having a child has taught you? Do you really know what tired is if you don’t have a child? I feel I didn’t!
18. Did you imagine that you’d be a mom at the age that you became a mom? Truthfully, I thought it would be sooner! I have ALWAYS been broody! I’m glad it happened when it did though.
19. Describe your child in a single sentence? The most amazing little human I have ever come across in my whole entire life, super cute too!
20. How have you changed as a person since becoming a mum? My priorities have completely changed now! I tend to not stress over things that used to stress me, such as work and other ‘little’ things, because I don’t want it to effect Freddie and for him to pick up on any of my stresses! I now realise there are more important things in life.
I hope you have enjoyed reading a bit about us!! Feel free to subscribe to my blog and follow my instagram to learn more about us!
Thank you for reading,